I am fiercely passionate about making websites accomplish defined, measurable goals.
Over the last 9 years, I have:
- Advocated the needs of our visitors over internal politics for over 100 websites.
- Written hundreds of pages of reports, tutorials, and guides to help people with their websites.
- Expertly delivered all aspects of creating websites, including visual design, front-end development, back-end development, information architecture, copywriting, and overall UX.
2015 — Present
I lead a team that is responsible for the design, development, and administration of all web services for the College of Arts & Sciences. We serve over 12,000 students and 600 faculty and staff.
My responsibilities include:
- Administering 40+ Drupal websites.
- Creating social media strategies for over 30 departments and programs.
- Training hundreds of faculty and staff on how to edit their websites.
- Conducting UX research and usability tests to ensure our web services are meeting defined, measurable goals.
2009 — 2015
- Led workshops for faculty and staff on how to write for the web, create personas, and use site inventories.
- Trained hundreds of faculty and staff on how to edit their websites through training sessions, how-to articles, and one-on-one meetings.
- Developed a website for accepting and reviewing applications to the Department of Psychology’s graduate program, used by over 1,400 people a year.
- Developed a service catalog website for our IT organization, now used by faculty and staff to submit over 2,000 requests and problems via the web per year.
- Reduced the average time to create new websites from 2 weeks to 30 minutes by automating the majority of the tasks involved in creating a basic website.
2006 — 2009
- Created mockups and wireframes for clients after meeting with them to determine their needs and goals using sketches, Balsamiq, and Photoshop.
2013 — Present
2003 — 2009